Downtown Durham is surrounded by a generous amount of public and private parking. However, due to the popularity of AOCFEST, parking can sometimes be difficult to find, especially in the afternoons. A few tips:
- Consider using public transportation, coming on foot or biking to The Art of Cool Festival—no parking to worry about!
- Consider parking at one of several paid parking structures in downtown Durham.
- Leave your car at home or your hotel, and grab a taxi, Uber, Lyft or other driving service to get to the official festival venues.
- Carpool with a buddy—it saves gas and could be more fun!
- Allow plenty of time to find parking. Many parking lots are “cash only”, so come prepared with cash in all bill sizes. Street parking is limited, but is free on weekends (Fridays 7pm - Mondays 8am).
- Be considerate of the residential neighborhoods surrounding the Festival—obey posted parking rules, don’t block driveways, and drive slowly on residential streets.
- Visit the Park Durham website for more information on parking options.
Q: How can I get there by public transportation?
Let GoDurham do the driving! Durham's transit system, DATA/GoDurham, offers many regular routes that run to and from our various festival venues. Please see the Public Transit Planner for more information on the various bus routes that run to the festival venues. Please remember the Sunday schedule (reduced service) will be in effect on the Sunday of the festival.
Q: Is there a place to store my bike?
AOCFEST is located within biking distance from many of Durham's cool neighborhoods. Bicycle parking will be located at Wristband City and there are many bike racks at our festival venues. Bicycle parking is free and highly encouraged. Don’t forget to bring a bike lock!